This is a nutrition bomb bursting with great flavors: you have the creaminess of the tahini, combined with toasted sesame seeds (hello halva!), golden oats, nutty almond notes, all balanced by the almighty matcha powder. These bars are perfect for breakfast, as a snack on the go & while traveling, just anytime you feel you need an energy supply that will last.
Ingredients (makes 7 big or 14 smaller bars)
2 cups toasted rolled oats, gluten-free if you want
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
½ cup dried fruit (raisins, dates, prunes, goji berries), roughly chopped
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. matcha green tea powder (to your taste)
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp maple syrup
½ cup / 125ml tahini
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160 C degrees. Place the oats and sesame seeds on a baking tray and let them toast for about 10min. Stir them occasionally and keep a watchful eye on them to prevent from burning.
- Take them out from the oven, transfer to a plate and let them cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, chop your dried fruit. You can combine them as you wish or use just one type fo fruit.
- Put a small saucepan on medium heat and add honey, maple syrup, coconut oil and tahini to the pan. Stir for 2-3 min until well mixed and take off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients with the matcha powder, vanilla essence, salt and mix well. Afterwards, add the wet ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Place the mixture into a container and press it firmly (especially the corners).
- Put in the fridge for at least 2-3 hrs to set.
- Once it is firm, slice it up into bars. You can wrap them individually into baking paper, so that you can take them with you wherever you want.
Enjoy! Let me know how you liked the recipe!