I don’t know about you, but I think that cooking your meal shouldn’t take up too much of your time. Even though I love spending time in my kitchen, I don’t like smelling all the aromas and waiting for a complicated dish to cook for hours. Therefore, I am always looking for great dishes which you can whip up quickly with no compromise on flavor. This Veggie and Prawn Pan is exactly such a dish.
Trust me, this dish takes 5 min to make. You think, I’m exaggerating? Well, give it a try, set the timer and you will see:)
No defrosting and boring chopping involved:)
1 bag of prawns (approx. 225g)
1 handful of snap peas
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 broccoli head
1 handful of baby spinach
juice of a 1/2 lemon
1 small piece of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch of chili
1 pinch of toasted sesame seeds
- Put your pan on high heat. Once it is hot, add the olive oil, finely chopped garlic & ginger. Stir it well.
- Take your frozen prawns out of the freezer, put them under hot water for a few seconds and add them to the pan. Cook them for 2 min, turning all the time.
- Afterwards, add all the remaining ingredients and seasonings except for the spinach. Mix everything well and cook for another 2 min.
- Finally, turn of the heat, but keep the pan on the hot stove. Add the spinach and fold it though until it is well wilted.
- Serve it up on a plate, add the lemon juice and toss some toasted sesame seeds on top.
You can enjoy it on its own or with some brown rice or quinoa.
Enjoy & stay healthy and happy!