This Vegan Sweet Potato, Ginger & Coconut Curry is very easy to make and is very versatile. You can easily swap the veggies for the ones you currently have in the fridge. I love its creaminess and the fantastic burst of flavor. It is like a big warm hug. Here is comes:
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 cup of broccoli
1 sweet potato
2 cloves of garlic
1 inch of ginger (at least 4 cm long)
1 tsp of turmeric
1 pinch of pink sea salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2 cups of spinach
1/2 tin of coconut milk (200ml)
100ml of water
1/2 juice of a lime
- cup of quinoa (here is the link how to cook it: How to cook Quinoa)
- roasted cashews
- Start by putting the coconut oil in the saucepan. Bring it to medium heat and add the ginger (chopped into small pieces), chopped garlic, black pepper, salt and turmeric. You can also slice 1 onion and add it to the rest of the ingredients (my tummy disagrees with onions but if yours is fine with this fella, add it for even more flavor!). Let it sautee for 2-3 min and stir it regularly to prevent from burning.
- Chop the sweet potato into middle-sized chunks and add to the saucepan. If you feel that it starts to stick to the pan, add a bit more water or coconut oil.
5. Add the coconut milk and the water and let it all cook on medium heat for about 15 min (until the sweet potatoes are cooked through).
6. Finally add the spinach to the pan and stir it in gently. Add some lime juice and take off the heat.
Serve the Curry with some cooked quinoa & toasted cashews.
Tipp: store the leftovers in the fridge. I find that on the next day the flavors are even more amazing.
Let me know how you liked it!