This is definitely one of the moist and flavor rich cakes I have ever made. I hope you will like the recipe as much as I do! A chocolate cake with lots of goodness. What are we still waiting for? 🙂
200g ground almonds
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 mashed bananas
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp tahini
2 medium-sized oranges
120 ml maple syrup
50 ml olive oil
For the glaze:
8 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
caramelized blood oranges
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- You can either use 2 eggs or if you want it to be vegan take 2 tbsp of flax seeds and 2 tbsp of water and let it sit for 5 min. Then add the tahini. As mentioned, if you are not egg intolerant or simply does not want it be vegan, you can whisk up 2 eggs
- Peel the oranges. Make sure to use medium-sized or if you have a large one, use only one. Add the oranges to a food processor after having removed all the pulp. Blend them until you have a juicy mixture and add it to the rest of your wet ingredients
- Add the maple syrup and olive oil and mix well. Try the mixture and adapt the sweetness according to your preferences
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Line a cake tin with some parchment paper. Make sure also to mix some almond meal with the cocoa powder and dust the sides of the tin so that the cake does not stick. Pour the mixture into the tin
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 min.
- Once it use cooled, pour the ganache/glaze over the cake. Glaze: Mix well and pour over the cake. Voila! C’est tout!
Top your cake with some caramelized oranges. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like it!